What Makes eir’s Unlimited Broadband No Phone Different to Regular Broadband?
A popular marketing scheme that most modern internet service providers are taking advantage of is packaged deals. You know those ones that you see on the TV or on the flyers they post through your letterbox. They promise you a hundred and one things (usually TV channel) in addition to your internet access. They seem like fantastic deals. After all, for just a little more than what you pay for your internet, you could get things bundled in such as TV channels, a landline, mobile phone stuff and sometimes even accessories like a landline phone.
With eir’s unlimited broadband only package, you get superfast broadband internet with nothing more and nothing less. You can, of course, choose to add some extras such as mobile internet or TV essentials, but the draw of eir’s unlimited broadband without phone is in the savings you make and the fantastic speeds.
What Do You Get With a Common Internet Package From Other Providers?
First, let’s take a look at what you actually get with a typical broadband package.
- Landline phone
- Broadband internet
- TV access
- Premium TV channels
- Mobile SIM
As you can see, if you’re only interested in the internet then you’re potentially paying for four expensive services that you don’t need.
- People rarely use landline phones and most services accept mobile numbers
- You can watch any channel or show on the internet, no need for premium TV
- You probably have a mobile plan with another provider
So that leaves just one useful thing on the list: broadband. This is why eir’s broadband only packages are becoming increasingly popular.
The Advantages of Signing up With eir’s Unlimited Broadband Only Package
Now that you know why you shouldn’t sign up for large packages, let’s take a look at what makes eir’s unlimited broadband such a great deal.
- Up to 100Mb speeds gives you plenty of horse power to work with. This is perfect for any internet task you throw at it, be it downloading video games, movies, music or even streaming video on demand straight to your TV. This also means that you can connect dozens of devices wirelessly without noticing a huge speed difference unlike other providers
- No extra fluff to pay for means you don’t have to pay for mobile, television or even a landline. You do, however, get eir’s pay as you use home phone instead, meaning you can still make emergency calls if you have to. However, it saves a lot of money since you don’t get extra things bundled in
- Ireland’s fastest broadband is the blazing fast 1000Mb speed Gigabit connection. This is offered by eir and it’s constantly being rolled out to new areas. This is essentially 10 times faster than eir’s basic broadband only package, making it seriously fast
- WiFi calling means that you can still make calls even when you don’t have phone coverage. You don’t even need to use a landline or mobile phone, making the broadband only package a fantastic deal
- Unlimited usage with no data caps gives you the freedom to use eir’s broadband however much you want with no fears of getting cut off